• 1½ tsp. matcha (green tea powder)
• 1 Tbsp. hot water (not boiling water)
• 1 cup milk
• 1 tsp. sugar (optional)
• Sift green tea powder into the cup to get rid of the lumps in the powder.
• Add hot (not boiling) water and whisk briskly until powder is all dissolved.
• Add milk and sugar in a small saucepan.
• Heat the milk over medium heat until small bubbles start to appear around the edge of the saucepan. Do not bring the milk to full boil.
• Turn off the heat.
• Froth the milk until foamy, about 10 seconds with a frother.
• Add the hot milk and foam in the cup and dust the green tea powder on the top.
PS. You can also use honey instead of sugar.
PPS. Any milk you like will work (cow, almond, soy…)