• 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
• Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
• Add potatoes and boil until slightly underdone, about 15 minutes.
• Drain, cool.
• In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, 1 cup marshmallows, cinnamon and nutmeg.
• Cook, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows are melted.
• Stir potatoes into marshmallow sauce.
• While stirring mash about half of the potatoes, and break the others into bite-sized chunks.
• Transfer to prepared dish.
• Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
• Remove from oven and cover top evenly with remaining marshmallows.
• Return to oven and bake until marshmallows are golden brown.