• 1 leg of lamb, bone in (about 6 to 7 1/2 pounds)
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 8 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
• 1 TB spoon salt
• 2 teaspoons black pepper
• Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
• Rub the lamb all over with the lemon juice.
• Pat the garlic and rosemary evenly all over the surface of the meat.
• Season the meat with the salt and pepper and place the lamb in a roasting pan.
• Place the lamb in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
• Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to cook for about 1 hour longer for medium-rare, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers about 145 degrees F to 150 degrees F (be careful that the thermometer does not touch the bone.) •Remove lamb from pan and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.