• 1 cup flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 10 TB spoons butter
• 1/3 ice cold water
• In a medium bowl, add the flour and salt. Stir to mix.
• Next, cube the butter and then add it to the flour bowl. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the butter into the dough.
• Make a hole in the center of the dough and pour in all of the water. Using a fork, stir to combine the dough.
• Flour a cutting board, and add the dough. Pat it into a rough square. You will still see chunks of butter and it will seem too dry, but do not add extra water. The dough will come together with each roll.
• Flour the rolling pin, and roll the dough out in front of you into a rectangle about 10″ long. No need to be too precise here.
• Fold the bottom third of the dough over the middle of the dough. Fold the upper third of the dough on top of the middle too. Rotate the dough one-quarter turn, and repeat. Use additional flour as needed to prevent the dough from sticking.
•Roll out, fold, and turn the dough at least 6 or 7 times.
• When done, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour, or overnight. Dough may be frozen, too.
• Roll out with flour for desired puff pastry use.