• 2 (8 ounce) filet mignon steaks
• 4 teaspoons kosher salt
• 2 teaspoons pepper
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
• Generously season the filets with salt and pepper, approximately 1 teaspoon of seasoning per side.
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
• Heat butter in a cast iron skillet to high hot temperature .
• Sear the filets in the hot pan for about 2-3 minutes per side or until a nice brown crust has formed. Once they’re down, don’t move them around.
• While the steak is searing, continue to spoon the residual butter in the pan on top of the meat.
• Carefully place the entire skillet with steak in the center of the preheated oven for about 6-8 minutes, depending upon how thick your steak is.(Until steak internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F).