• 1/2 lb. (8 oz.) fettuccine
• 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
• 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 1 cup milk
• 1 lb. medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
• salt and pepper to taste
• 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
• Cook fettuccine in very salty water until al dente. Drain, set aside, and return empty pot to the stove.
• Melt butter in pot over medium heat.
• When butter is melted, whisk in flour to form a roux. Cook for 1 minute.
• Slowly add white wine to roux, whisking constantly to incorporate. The mixture will thicken pretty quickly – just keep whisking!
• Add milk to mixture and whisk to combine. Bring mixture to a low simmer, whisking frequently, then remove from heat and stir in salt, pepper, and cheese. Stir until cheese has melted and you have a smooth sauce.
• Add Shrimp and cook for 5-6 minutes. Shrimp quicks very quickly, so keep an eye on it.
• Add cooked pasta and shrimp sauce pot and toss to combine.
• Top with fresh chopped parsley for garnish and serve immediately.