• 200 almond flour
• 4 egg whites
• 120 grams sugar
• sliced almonds, toasted
• 4 egg yolks
• 80 grams sugar
• 100 ml cream
• 150 grams unsalted butter
• 2 TB spoons Amaretto (or 2 teaspoons almond extract)
• Combine egg yolks, sugar, and cream in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
• Bring to just below boil.
• Keep stirring until custard thickens.
• Turn off heat and add butter, which will thicken the custard even more, after it cools down.
• Add Amaretto or almond extract.
• Cover custard with plastic wrap to make sure that the wrap is touching the custard.
• Line the cooking sheet with parchment paper. (I personally prefer copper mats)
• Preheat oven to 350˚F.
• In a large mixing bowl, add 4 egg whites with sugar and beat together until stiff peaks form (about 2 minutes).
• Add almond flour and carefully mix with a silicone spoon.
• Separate batter into two. Form 8 inch circles. ( I like using 8-inch Round Stainless Steel Cutter)
• Bake for 20 minutes.
• Let cool to room temperature.
• Place your first cake layer on a serving platter and use a spoon to spread 1/2 of the custard.
• Repeat with the second layer.
• Garnish with the almond slices.
• Put in the fridge for 3-4 hours.