• 400 gr all purpose flour
• 250 ml kefir
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• butter for spreading
• Combine flour, salt, and soda in a large bowl.
• Add kefir. (If the dough is sticky, use some olive oil on your hands).
• Leave the dough to rest in the fridge for 10 minutes.
• Divide the dough into 5 portions.
• Use your hands to flatten each portion into a round on a floured bench top to about 20 cm in diameter and 6-7 mm thick.
• Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
• Place one dough round in the skillet and bake until brown spots appear on the bottom, about 1 minute.
• Flip the bread and bake for an additional minute.
• Remove the bread and wrap it in a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
• Repeat with the remaining dough rounds.
• Spread some fresh butter over the bazlama.