• 1 cup flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup milk
• 2 Tbsp melted butter
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 4 Tbsp of roast drippings
• Whisk together the flour and salt in a large bowl.
• Add the milk, melted butter, and eggs and beat until the batter is completely smooth (no lumps), the consistency of whipping cream.
• Let sit for an hour at room temperature.
Preheat baking dish with drippings:
• Heat oven to 350°F.
• Add roast drippings to a 9×12-inch pyrex or ceramic casserole dish, coating the bottom of the dish.
• Heat the dish in the oven for 10 minutes.
Pour batter into dish, bake:
• Carefully pour the batter into the pan.
• Cook for 20 minutes, until puffy and golden brown.
• Cut into squares to serve.