• In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy.
• Mix in the lavender and lemon zest.
• Combine the flour, cornstarch and salt; mix into the batter until well blended.
• Divide dough into two , form into logs, wrap in plastic wrap.
• Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
• Cut dough into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
• Place on cookie sheets.
• Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, just until cookies begin to brown at the edges.
• Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
This Eclair Recipe from Soviet cookbook for the pastry shops and bakeries is definitely the Best ever! The pastry, and frosting are made completely from scratch and the filling is absolutely delicious!
Today I have for you a homemade vanilla custard recipe, which can be used for a pastry cream for eclairs or Napoleon Torte or enjoyed on its own.
Custard is a variety of culinary preparations, based on cooked mixture of milk and eggs.