• 3/4 cups butter, softened
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 2 TB spoons sifted confectioners’ sugar
• 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh lavender
• 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
• 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup cornstarch
• pinch of salt
• In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy.
• Mix in the lavender and lemon zest.
• Combine the flour, cornstarch and salt; mix into the batter until well blended.
• Divide dough into two , form into logs, wrap in plastic wrap.
• Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
• Cut dough into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
• Place on cookie sheets.
• Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, just until cookies begin to brown at the edges.
• Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.