• 1/2 lb pasta, use your favorite cut
• 2 TB spoons olive oil
• 3-4 medium size zucchini, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 TB spoon thyme, chopped
• 2 TB spoons butter
• 1 cup Parmesan cheese ( 4 oz.), grated
• 1 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
• Just before draining, reserve 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain.
• Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
• When the oil shimmers, add the zucchini, garlic, thyme, and season with salt and pepper.
• Cook, stirring occasionally until the squash is caramelized and golden brown, 5-8 minutes.
• Using a potato masher, mash down the zucchini until it becomes a chunky sauce.
• Add 1/3 cup of reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
• Add the cooked pasta, butter and Parmesan, toss until melted.
• Remove from the heat, add the basil.
• Transfer to a bowl and serve topped with fresh basil.