• 1 lb ground beef
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 carrot, chopped
• 1 celery stalk, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1 cans (28 oz ) crushed tomatoes, undrained
• 2 TB spoons fresh basil, chopped
• 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
• Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
• In a nonstick skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic, carrot, celery, salt and pepper over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
• Spoon beef mixture into slow cooker.
• Stir in tomatoes and basil.
• Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 hours or to 165°F.
• Stir in whipping cream.
• Cover; cook 10 minutes longer.
Tips: To Freeze Leftover Bolognese: Pour into resealable 1-gallon plastic freezer bag. Label and freeze up to 3 months. To Thaw and Reheat: Thaw in refrigerator overnight or until completely thawed. Pour Bolognese into 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated (165°F).
Serve over cooked spaghetti. Top with shredded Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
InesJune 19, 2020 at 11:19 pm
Everyone in my family loved this recipe!