As far as Mexican soups go, Chili is my favorite. I originally got this recipe from an old cook book I picked up when we were in Mexico. It soon became one of the most popular soups in our family. Over the years I made some changes, I found out that using canned tomatoes is much easier than using fresh tomatoes then due to the health problems in the family I stopped adding beans and turned it into the No Bean Chili. The chili is still rich, flavorful and hearty.
Here are the ingredients you need to make this soup:
• 2 lb ground beef
• 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
• 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
• 2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes
• 1 (6oz) can tomato paste
• 2 cups beef stock
• 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
How to make the best beef chili?
• Add ground beef to a large stock pot.
• Use your spatula to crumble the beef.
• Saute for 5 minutes.
• Add chopped green pepper and onion.
• Cook on medium high, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned, for about 10 minutes.
• Drain the excess grease.
• Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, beef stock, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic to the pot.
• Cover and let simmer for 20 – 25 minutes.
No Bean Chili
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 14.4 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Add ground beef to a large stock pot.
- Use spatula to crumble the beef.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped green pepper and onion.
- Cook on medium high, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned, for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the excess grease.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, beef stock, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic to the pot.
- Cover and let simmer for 20 - 25 minutes.