• 6 large egg yolks
• 1/3 cup amaretto or other almond liqueur
• 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
• 1/4 cup whipping cream
• Fresh berries, for serving, optional
• Whisk egg yolks, amaretto, and sugar in medium metal bowl to blend.
• Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water.
• Whisk mixture constantly and vigorously until thickened and instant-read thermometer inserted into mixture registers 140°F for 3 minutes, about 5 minutes total.
• Remove mixture from over water.
• Add cream and whisk until incorporated.
• Spoon the warm mixture into custard cups or serving glasses and serve immediately or allow to cool slightly. Serve with fresh berries, if desired.
DO AHEAD: If serving chilled, zabaglione can be prepared 1 day ahead and refrigerated. Re-whisk before serving.