• 14 breakfast sausage links
• 1 cup flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup milk
• 2 Tbsp melted butter
• 2 eggs, beaten
• Heat oven to 350°F.
• Put the sausages in a 9×12-inch pyrex or ceramic casserole dish with the oil and bake for 15 mins until browned.
Meanwhile, make the batter:
• Whisk together the flour and salt in a large bowl.
• Add the milk, melted butter, and eggs and beat until the batter is completely smooth (no lumps), the consistency of whipping cream.
• Leave to stand until the sausages are nice and brown.
• Remove the sausages from the oven – be careful because the fat will be sizzling hot – but if it isn’t, put the casserole dish on the counter for a few minutes.
• Pour in the batter mix, transfer to the top shelf of the oven, then cook for 20 minutes, until puffy and golden brown.